TRYING TO GET ORGANISED - NOVEMBER 2014
Hello lovely readers, for today's blog post I wanted to share with you some of the steps I have been taking to try and get organised over the last few years. I really do want to get my room tidy and just become more organised in general so there are a number of tasks I set for myself that I like to carry out during each month of the year. Of course there is the usual... clean and polish my room, hoover up every few days, changed bedding at least once a week etc. But there are also other practices that I like to put into place in order to try and become a more organised and tidy person. Things like...
1. Every week or so I declutter paperwork by filling most of it away in small plastic wallets, this helps to keep it all neat and dust free as well as making it less likely to become creased in a cupboard somewhere.
2. Every few months I like to recycle old Magazines or free booklets that I have picked up whilst out and about, these soon build up and start to take up a lot of space. I like to stick to this rule - I like to keep magazines that are Special Edition or if it is under six months old so it still applies to the same season. After I sort out these magazines I like to recycle them so that they can be re-used again for something else, making it better for the environment too.
3. Sorting out through my drawers every few weeks to re-arrange clothing that has been moved or is not in its designated drawer is also something I like to do often as it means that clothing remains easy to find and I begin to find a place for everything.
4. Organizing my Makeup and Accessories every few months (seasonally) also helps to keep me organised, it also means that I begin to use more of what I have instead of wasting anything. I used to hate opening more that one Lipstick at a time but I began to realize that I would probably just have to wear that same shade everyday even if I didn't want to. So I slowly began to open just a few more and switched them around so that I began to use more of them and more often.
5. Buying less and using more of what I already have - Instead of me buying something every time I see something I like I have begun to start using up the products/clothing that I already own. I am trying to do a sort of 'Project Pan' with some of my hair styling products, I have too many for one person so I am trying not to buy so many and just use up what I have. The only products I will still continue to buy are Shampoo/Conditioner/Heat Styling Spray. This is just a project until the end of the year, but I can already tell that its helping me create more space and becoming cost effective as I don't buy as much. I have written a blog post on this so you can always check that out if you would like to :)