Friday 7 March 2014

An interview with an Illustrator...

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

An Interview With An Illustrator...

 


In today's blog post I will be interviewing Natasha from Velvet Wolves Illustration. Natasha is a Fashion Illustrater who's work has featured in number of popular written publications such as Company Magazine, Lionheart Magazine and her work was also recently featured on The Great Interior Design Challenge.


Here are the questions  I asked her:

Q. As a Fashion Illustrator you will probably have been inspired by many celebrities and designers, who are some of your favourites?
A. There are a number of designers that I like, these include Mulberry, Vivetta, Louis Vuitton, Wildfox and Rachel Antonoff.
And the celebrities that inspire my work are Lana Del Rey, Alexa Chung, Zooey Deschanel (those bangs!), Felicity Jones, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen and Kirsten Dunst.

Q. What are you handbag essentials?
A. My handbag essentails are lipbalm (my favourite is Carmex), a notebook for list-making, an iphone, Soap and Glory hand sanitizer, gum, my floral Urban Outfitters purse and cinema cards.
.

Q. Are you inspired creatively by films, music videos or magazines, if so what are some of your favourites? 
A. My work is influenced and inspired by films I am interested in, these include Mean Girls and The Great Gatsby are just some of the films that inspire my work. I also love lots of pretty magazines too.


Q. If you weren't and Illustrator what would you be?
A. I'd be a teacher like Jess from New Girl.


Q. What are your favourite beauty products that you can't live without?
A. A good mascara - I love the Soap and Glory Thick and Fast Mascara, Benefit Pressed Powder and Cherry Carmex.


Q. What skincare products do you love?
A. The No7 Hot Cloth Cleanser is one of my favourites - it reminds me of summer! A good SPF , Clinique Moisture Surge and a good eye gel.

Q. What is your favourite makeup brand?
A. Benefit and Topshop - I love their Cream Blushers!  

Q. What is your favourite/signature fragrance?
A. I really like Marc Jacobs Lola, Armarni She and Miss Dior cherie'

Q. What are your wardrobe must-haves?
A. Peter Pan Collars, thick tights, floral shirts, velvet dresses and pair of Chelsea boots.

Q. Who is your favourite actor/s?
A. Johnny Depp, Kirsten Dunst, Lee Pace, Leonardo Di Caprio (Romeo), Jennifer Lawrence, Zooey Deschanel and Drew Barrymore.

Q. What is your favourite TV show who are you favourite characters?
A. Friends - I like all the characters but maybe... Phoebe
     New Girl - Jess
     Game of Thrones - Daenerys
     Vampire Diaries - Damon
     Pushing Dasies - Ned
     The Ricky Gervais Show - Karl Pilkington
     Supernatural - Castiel

Q. Who are some of your favourite musicians?
A. Lana Del Rey, She and Him, Taylor Swift, The Naked and Famous and The 1975.

You can find Natasha's work and social media links online here...  
 Website:  http://velvetwolves.co.uk
 Shop: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/velvetwolves
 Blogger: http://velvet-wolves.blogspot.co.uk/
 Twitter:  http://twitter.com/natashalikestea
 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/velvetwolves
 Tumblr: http://velvetwolvesillustration.tumblr.com/
 Instagram:  @natashalikestea
 
You can also add me on Twitter if you like: @laureninparis
to find out when my next blog post will be :)

Best Wishes :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment